View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 10:35 PM   #14
lillymae
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navillusc View Post
Many years ago I had a kitty I named Little Bit, and lost him. Later, I had a second kitty...who was so much like the previous one...and who 'could' have been his father, since these were feral kitties...that I named him Little Bit II ("the 2nd"...LOL). I still have my second Little Bit...he just turned 17 a couple weeks ago. I never regretted 'honoring' Little Bit ('the 1st'), even though I usually choose an individual name for all my furry babies.

People name their children after 'loved and lost' people all the time, so if you choose to 'honor' your previous baby similarly, but want to use a 'distinguishing' name, perhaps a slight variant of the 'honoring' name would be an option.
I agree with this. A family member is a family member whether is't a skin member or a furry member. I have named many both cats & dogs after others I have lost & I feel it is to honor the past loved one just as people name their children after past on loved ones. It works well for me BUT you need to do what will work best for you. I think you will have no regrets whatever you chose to do. Congrats on your new little family member.
lillymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!