View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
Anila
Yorkie Talker

Question Severe Allergic Reaction & now Vomiting. Help?

My little girl has had a rough few days.

I took her to get her nails clipped on Thursday at a new place near our apartment in NYC.

The groomer had her for all of maybe 7-10 minutes.

By the time we got home, I started to notice her eye was turning red and swelling and she had a half golf ball size node near her jowls.

I monitored it closely.

It went away. I was grateful... UNTIL...the evening when I looked at her and her entire snout, eyes, and jowls were red and swollen. Her face looked deformed.

I took her to the emergency room immediately.

They initially gave her a shot of Benadryl which began to take the swelling down.

45 minutes later after arriving home, she started swelling up again. We headed back to the emergency room.

They gave her a steroid shot this time and this took it down fairly immediately.

Now 24 hours later, there's no sign of swelling or allergies, but I can't get her to keep food down.

She has an appetite. She eats and then shortly thereafter, she vomits.

I've tried boiled chicken and rice already and no luck yet.

I'm about ready to take her to the emergency room again now.

It's expensive with our third visit to the emergency room.... BUT.....Clearly I'll spend any amount of money to make sure my little girl is ok.

I thought I would share before we head out to see if any of you have any advice for us that might help before I spend another $300 at the vet.

Anything else we should try?

BTW - I'm monitoring her for dehydration. She is drinking lots of water.
Anila is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!