View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 06:05 PM   #11
Namor
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Its interesting because the correct coat for the dog is supposed to serve to protect them from the elements - I am talking generally speaking here. But Razzle does not overheat - silky coat - and when he was in full coat fine - but now he is in short coat he gets cold a lot faster!

You can always take it in stages - trim the long hair on the body - with or without shaving down the back and see how she responds along with shaving the belly as well. Then if she seems better and you get used to your beautifull gal in a shorter coat - take it shorter still if you wish.
I agree just trim the body along belly line up to the legs at first and see how that works. I did that last year on Deuce. This year I had to psych myself up but I shaved him and gave him a Joey Cut. Left his legs and head long. Now I'm gradually trimming his head down. But now he has taken to swimming in the lake so I might trim the legs too but we'll see. Do I think he is cooler with shorter hair? No. He still pants. He's cooler when he swims! I'll try to to post a few pics of the transition.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!