View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 07:45 AM   #4
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

When I do take Teek on vacation with me, he mostly eats whatever I fix him. I try to make sure I have chicken and stuff to feed him as he will not eat his dog food while away either. He ends up eating whatever healthy stuff (healthy for him) that we are eating on the trip. The last trip he had some chicken and some asparagus and other stuff like that. I take his dog food but he never eats it. I have just accepted that when I travel with him that is what he will be eating for the trip and as soon as we get back home he is just fine with his dog food. I even take HIS dog bowls with us and everything.

If you do leave him and she tells you he isn't eating I would have her feed him things like white rice and boiled chicken and possibly give him some nutri cal while you are gone to make sure he gets something. You can give her a list of safe foods for him in case he won't eat his dog food so he doesn't starve. I know all my dogs love oatmeal and will gobble it up. When I make oatmeal I make a big pot of it and when it is made I scoop a heaping scoop (wooden spoon) into 4 bowls (more in the last bowl for the big dog) and then let it cool. I then sweeten the rest of the pot for my family with brown sugar. Once the 4 bowls are cool then I let the dogs eat their oatmeal and they LOVE it. We don't have oatmeal too often so it is a really super treat for them.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!