View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 11:23 AM   #10
danniko
YT Addict

Update since being to the vet. Sophie has been scheduled to have her dental done next week on Tuesday. Slightly concerned since the next day is a holiday for us, but the vet assured me it would be fine to be done the day before a holiday closure.

She will definitely have her mutant tooth out and possibly a few front teeth as well. She will be getting x-rays done when she is under to check for any problems as well. We were given an estimate of between $523.70 and $687.70 - depends on how many teeth/any other problems they may come across while she is under.

We drop her off on Monday night and they will be running the normal pre surgical blood work (her liver and kidneys) to make sure she can handle the anesthetic. To save some money she said she wouldn't suggest the full panel at this time since she had two full panels done in the last 3 months but they just want to double check those levels before putting her under.

I am so nervous for her to be put under, but she definitely needs some love on her teeth, so I am just crossing my fingers she does well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebug View Post
Happy Birthday Little Doll Baby!!! She is so Sweet! My Teddy Bear is having a dental next month and some of front teeth are loose. I don't know how many teeth he will need to have pulled but I think a few. I hope not too many because he prefers to eat kibble over canned food. Good luck.
Good luck to your Teddy Bear next month! I hope he doesn't lose too many and have trouble eating his kibble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobstersmom View Post
I have a little rescue toy poodle with only three teeth in his whole mouth. Luckily the three he has left are canines. Vet left them to hold his tongue in his mouth. And it never hangs out! LOL

Diana
LOL my parents had a 19 year old toy poodle that had lost most of her teeth as well...which was somewhat helpful to my brother and I since we were still pretty young and she was deaf and blind so it was easy to startle her and she would often snap at us.
danniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!