View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 09:05 AM   #1
MaggieMaysMommy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Needs to loose 2 pounds!

Maggie is 9 pounds now, and the vet really prefers her at 7. So we have been trying. I have been working on this for a good 6 months but her weight hasn't budged. I admit that she is heavier, but I think she looks more solid than fat. She eats twice a day - 1/4c in the morning, and a 1/4c in the evening of Royal Canin kibble for yorkies. She does get a small kong most afternoons, with some apple or pear in it and either a TINY bit of turkey or pumpkin. I walk her three times a day - morning/night we go around the block at a brisk pace, at noon we just do a slow walk (lots of sniffing) to the corner and back for potty. She doesn't get table food and the kong food totals maybe 2 tbsps, she only gets a treat if I am grooming her (once a month) and she is staying still while I trim (usually tiny bits of banana). Any tips to actually get the weigh off? The Royal Canin serving is less than recommended because of the kong factored in. I can obvi cut out the kong but I think a bit of fruit is good for her. Thoughts? Should I cut out everything aside from her 2 servings of dog food? Maybe this is obvious but you know how it is when you get into a routine!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!