View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 04:57 AM   #4
AlfiesMum
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi thanks for all your replies.

I ended up coming home from work that day and there had been three separate piles of diarrhoea in different places in my house. She also vomited on my sofa (lucky it's leather) so I ended up taking her straight to the vet.

They took her temperature which was fine and said she has gastroenteritis and could be because of change in diet or because I wormed her. They were not 100% why but gave her an antibiotic by needle and some zantac for her stomach and something else which might have been for the diarrhoea.

There was no episodes yesterday from her but this morning when she was out going to the toilet (which seemed more solid) I had to shout at her as she was sniffing it. I am not sure if I had frightening her and therefore wasn’t finished because I ended having to clean her bum.

Yesterday my hubby informed me that Alfie also had the runs but he was able to wait until he got outside before going so I gave him some of Penny’s meds to help him too. He went twice this morning and I had to clean him both times although not as messy as Penny.

So after thinking it all through and figuring out why they have been like this, the vet gave me NexGuard tablet for them for fleas and ticks. So I am wondering if it was that.

The vet told me to keep her on the hard food but I really don’t see her eating anything and she cries at me when I am eating. I feel bad as I feel as if I am starving her even though her bowl is full.

About the lump, it could be a hernia or the start of a tumour which will be looked at when we get her spayed. I am just hoping its a hernia.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!