View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 10:43 AM   #3
danniko
YT Addict

Thanks.

I am hoping that her teeth are the problem and after all is said and done she is back to herself. She is definitely acting normal usually but she has been in and out of the vet for not eating and I guess they never thought to look at her teeth?

I am about to say something that is purely selfish and I will not deny treatment for this, but I really don't want her to have so many teeth pulled that her tongue hangs out. I am terrified they will have to take too many out and then her little tongue will hang out and I really don't want that! Selfish, I know..and if it is what is best for her she will get it whatever she needs, but cross fingers that doesn't happen!

She is definitely a little hesitant to eat kibble, but she eats it after awhile. Our vet charges $20-$100 per tooth depending on its condition and the tooth and the dental starts at $450. I don't want to look for cheaper places because she has had her knees done there and I trust their anesthetic process, I know risks are still there but at least I know they have had her under twice in the last 2 years without a problem. She had blood work and and ultrasound in April, so at least I can take comfort in that as well.

Here is a cute picture I just took of her. She usually gets a birthday cake but with her belly issues and mysterious random inappetence we have stopped giving her new things. So her "cake" was chunks of frozen banana, frozen green beans, some peas, a couple blueberries and some kibble. She didn't get to eat all of it, I just needed enough to make the bowl not look so empty!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11216711_10101394720406647_6065315818413426887_n.jpg (89.2 KB, 20 views)
danniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!