View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 05:22 AM   #6
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I have a rescue pup, I have him 19 months now, he was 2 1/2 y/o when I got him, he is now 4 y/o. His prev. owner got him as a puppy for an 8 y/o child because mom and dad were breaking up, they thought a puppy for the child would make her not miss her daddy that much. Mom worked, child went to school, pup was crated all day until family came home. Pup was carried in the arms of the child like a baby, he had no toys, the idea was, the child was to be his sole form of entertainment, they wanted pup to want the child not want toys. Pup was trained to be a gentlemen, not be a DOG. When I got him he didn't know how to play. I bought all types of diff. toys to see what he liked best. He wouldn't touch anything, so I would grab a toy and tease him with it, finally he got it lol. 19 months later he is a diff. DOG. He does not like balls lol, he's the only dog I have ever had that will not play with a ball lol. He's allowed to be a crazy boy, he allowed to be a DOG. He's allowed to run in the yard, dig holes, hunt for critters. He is no longer a gentle quiet gentleman, he is a DOG. His prev. owner did not socialize him with other dogs, this is where my prob. still lies, getting him dog friendly, I am working on this. It took 19 months to change his old training but it was well worth the time. Keep encouraging diff. types of play, she will find something she enjoys. I agree with gemy, walk the two together, this may cause Penny to be more accepting of Alfie. Good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!