View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 02:58 AM   #1
AlfiesMum
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Recue - pooing, coughing and lump

Hi everyone, sorry I think I have been on here asking so many questions this week. We have rescued a wee female Yorkie about 9 days ago. She is about 8 or 9 years old. On Saturday I was peeling some potatoes and dropped a potato skin on the floor and she gobbled it up. She is not the best eater so I thought oh she likes those and so give her another one and tried Alfie with it too and he turned his nose up. I also feed them some plain chicken for dinner that night as she doesn't seem to be eating her dog food.

The next morning she had diarrhoea a few times in the house. She is house trained so I know then she was sick and when I googled potato skins it said that they are toxic for you dog. Well I totally panicked but just kept an eye on her and her stools seem soft but more solid looking now if that makes sense.

Last night she got a hold of Alfie's rawhide bone and she seems to be enjoying eating it so I thought it was something that she had been given by her previous owners. But this morning she woke up coughing and although sometimes Alfie does this, I am more worried for her as I don't know her background. My husband also found a wee lump near her breast which I am now also concerned about.

The wee pet also has a severe heart murmur and something wrong with her back leg. She also seems to poo a lot and I don't seem to her eating much food. Although she does cry when I am eating so I am wondering is she just used to eating whatever her last owner eat.

I am due back to the vet with her on Monday for her second injection. Do you think there is anything wrong with her and would it be best to go to the vet today with her?

Apologies for the very long post.

Last edited by AlfiesMum; 06-23-2015 at 02:59 AM.
AlfiesMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!