View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 10:10 PM   #6
LadyGemma
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
There are a lot of "human" peanut butters that also don't contain those things and actually the standards for human consumption are higher than that of dogs, where the standards are fairly low. Also, you can easily find these peanut butters at your local grocery store, so they are probably less costly. Here's just one brand, but there are many. https://www.smuckers.com/products/pe...-salt-added-68 You pay about $4.50 for the human brand and $9.99 for the Dogsbutter, both are 16 ounce jars.
Oh, it's not necessary for sure, and there are lots of good single ingredient pb's, but i really LOVE this company. They donate a ton to rescue dogs and dogs in need and they started out with a dog bakery, and are involved in dog nutrition. I became aquainted with them while living in LA before they were a big company, and I trust them to have high standards and care about theror products. The dogsbutter has stuff like coconut and ginger and flaxseed. It is more expensive, but I try to support local businesses, and Moxie is only 7lbs so she doesn't need much.
Me on the other hand, I eat a lot of peanut butter!

Our HistoryDOGSBLOG
LadyGemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!