View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 05:07 PM   #27
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

My house is now the humping house I think. My 9 year old neutered male Yorkie (I have had him 6 months) has never humped anything in front of me before. I don't think he humped things, but I can't be sure. My 4 year old neutered male English Setter has never humped anything (had him over 3 years).

We bring home 2 puppies, a boy and a girl. Teek (Yorkie) decides to play with them and then starts humping the puppies. Gatlin (English Setter) then tries to hump Teek while he is humping a puppy. I get Teek to stop humping the puppy and rescue the puppy (he does this to both the girl and boy puppy) and then Gatlin about knocks Teek over with trying to get to his private parts and gets Teek going all over again. Do I get onto the English Setter or the Yorkie harder? Equally? I keep removing the puppies from the situation (they are 14 weeks old).

To have dogs that have never humped anything and now they don't stop once they get started. I usually end up putting the bigger dog in the other room and removing the puppies from the situation. The Yorkie does not listen as well as I would like because I have not had him very long and at his age he seems fairly set in his ways on some things. Then again, the humping thing seems pretty new. Apparently it is how Teek thinks you play with puppies. The puppies will occasionally do this to each other but I don't worry as much about them and just try to distract them.

I want Teek to play with the puppies, with less humping involved.

Any advice?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!