View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 07:34 AM   #6
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

If you use dawn, use the original formula blue dawn. That is the one that is safe on animals. I have found it effective at removing fleas, but if they are in the home they will jump right back on the dog.

All the bedding must be washed and dried in the dryer because fleas can survive the wash, but the dryer kills them. I used to take my dogs beds and just run them through the dryer to kill any fleas that might be there.

I treat my yard for fleas and that keeps my flea problem to a minimum. So far this year we have not had a single flea. I use flea and tick on the dogs, but I won't apply it until I see a flea and then all 4 dogs and the cat will be treated. I hate to use it so I use it as few months a year as I can. With the puppies the bigger they get the less I will worry about having to use it so every week we can not be using it is a good thing. I expect within a month I will need it, but until then I am putting it off. First flea I see on any of the animals though I will treat them all, I already have the flea stuff purchases for all of them and ready to go. Treating the yard right before we leave for the 4th of July on vacation though so it won't be walked on for several days by the little dogs to make it safer for them.

Good luck. Fleas are difficult to get rid of once you get infested badly.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!