View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 10:35 AM   #3
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

The only reason to breed is to better the breed. As puppy's you can not tell if they are breeding quality. Both dogs should be AKC registered other then the Canadian Kennel Club other registrys are not reputable and will register anything someone says is pure. You also need to know there lines several generations back to make sure there are no genetic illness or issues in the lines. If you breed it is your responsability to make sure that you are bring puppies into this word as healthy as possible. You also need to know it's expensive if you do it right. You will need back up money for emergency csection. You will need to keep and take care of the puppies for 12 weeks and at least get then there first set of shots and there is docking tails and dew claws when they are a couple days old. Mom will need X-rays when she has reached a certain point in her pregnancy. You also have to cut umbilical cords and be prepared for any slight sign that could mean distress. Breeding is risky you could lose your mom and or pups. You must also keep in mind it's painful so you shoukd really only put your female through that if it's for the right reasons. Your female shoukd absolutely not be breed her first heat or if she does not become over 5 pounds. I would save breeding to the pros and get your pups fixed and enjoy them as pets.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!