View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 08:36 AM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Cute is only skin deep....it is what is in the dogs pedigree that determines if these dogs are breeding potential. I am hopeful the "CKC" you refer to is Canadian Kennel Club....I say that because of the "champion bloodlines on both sides" statement .... I personally would not encourage breeding an unregistered dog....the money and the worry and the risk to your female far out weighs the benefit of breeding for "a litter or two". All breeders ask themself one very important question before breeding a dog...."Is this breeding going to produce a litter of puppies that is worth risking the life of my female for?" Everytime you breed your female, you are indeed risking her health and her life. Breeding unregistered dogs just does not justify the risk, in MY mind. There are sooooooo many Yorkies in rescues that are available....

If this is NOT a dog registered with the Canadian Kennel Club, the "other CKC" is a registery that most puppy mills and BYB'rs use....and of course, you have NO idea what is behind the unregistered dog....you have the potential of producing a smorgasbord of health issues that affect heart, lung, kidneys, eyes and liver, etc.....as the "production manager" of those babies, regardless of how old those babies are, YOU are responsible for any catastrophic health issues and disasters you have bred into those babies, financially, emotionally, and ethically.....you certainly do not want to put a baby that is going to die from a genetic health issue, with an unsuspecting new owner that falls in love with that baby, only to spend enormous amounts of money and time and still lose the baby. I advise you to reconsider this "plan" .....there are way toooooooo many yorkies in shelters and rescues that have been produced from unregistered dogs, BYB'rs, etc.....friends, family, and neighbors can go there and get a puppy/dog and you will not be facing the financial and emotional obligations you are setting yourself up for.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 06-15-2015 at 08:38 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!