View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 07:57 AM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

( Continued... )

Suggestions to Enhance Your Older Dog's Quality of Life --Address subtle changes when you first notice them, talk to your holistic vet about homeopathic remedies, flower essences, herbs or nutraceuticals that may be appropriate for your dog’s symptoms.

--Treat-release and puzzle toys provide fun and mental stimulation.
--Walks instead of jogs. Tug games instead of chase games.
--Ramps so he can still get into the car or up on the bed or his favorite chair.
--Adequate social interaction with other pets and people, but take care not to over stimulate your dog – short periods of exercise and playtime in controlled situations are best for older dogs.
--If your dog has problems hearing or seeing, use odor cues like essential oil diffusers or other aromatherapy products to help him find his way around.
--Guide your dog with clear cues and easy-to-follow instructions, especially if he's showing signs of mental decline.
--When you talk to your dog, keep your voice quiet, calm and kind. No shouting.
--Keep your dog at a healthy size – overweight dogs are at significant increased risk for disease as they age.
--Maintain your dog's dental health.
--Feed an anti-inflammatory, nutritionally balanced, species-appropriate diet, which is the foundation of good health and a long life for pets of any age.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!