View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 09:28 PM   #11
princesspatty
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Pancreatitis

I too had a precious Yorkie that was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis.
She had thrown up once the nite before and my daughter told me she had diarrhea in the morning. That morning I noticed she was very quiet and lethargic I do recall her not really eating the couple days before. I offered her a piece of cheese and she turned her head. That's when I knew something was wrong. I took her to the hospital since it was Sunday they did blood work and X-ray and told me they though she had acute pancreatitis and would have to spend nite there to start fluids and meds. I want back to see her and she was very happy to see me and was moving in crate excited to see me. I took her out held her and prayed that this was nothing serious and put her back in cage. I hadn't even made it home when they called to say that when they were putting catheter and starting IV she collapsed and died. I could not believe this. We really don't know if that's what happened. The vet thinks maybe she had a blood clot because of how fast she died. I still can't believe it. She was such a sweet girl.
I kinda feel guilty after reading these posts about diet and people good because we gave her food all the time.
Three days later we got 2 Yorkie puppies because my daughter well all of us couldn't stand how quiet the house was We miss her so much. The brew up puppies are helping us by keeping us busy. We will always have Chanel in our hearts.
princesspatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!