View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 03:52 PM   #1
jace2009
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default regaining yorkies trust.

This is a long story and there about 3 parts to it but here it goes. So Yes I admit i spanked my girlfriends yorkie and i feel so bad and i have lost all the trust of this poor guy and im sad because he really loved me like he would pee out of excitement when i would dog sit him when we were around my gf he would want nothing to do with her thats the 1st part. 2nd part I watched him another time months ago my girlfriend said it was okay if i pop him he would act up. So i started to then it got real excessive but he would still love on me so i thought it was fine boy was I wrong because he stopped eating treats from me if its just me and him he wont even look at a treat or eat his food and i dont know what i did to make him think its not okay for him to eat then i told myself im not hitting this guy again and things got better he was semi back to his normal self eating treats from my hand and he was excitied to see me again and i was happy thats the 2nd part. Now the 3rd part after all that i dog sat him and i had some guy friends over he was fine playing with them and listening to me when i said stuff but they left and things got ugly i relapsed and spanked him on the butt and he actually ran away under somebody's car i tried to grab him from under there and he bit me i was surprised that he did he never shows his teeth at all he knows better then when i watched him at my girlfriends place he was fine i took him outside and when he came back in he got so scared and sat on the other couch i dont know what i did to make him feel so sad and scared when he comes home from a walk. he ran under the bed and i tried grabbing him again he tried biting the whole day we were going back and forth he was trying to bite me and i was spanking him for trying to bite me. when came home one night from the bar he usually greets us with excitement he saw me first and ran right under the bed. I know i have lost all of his trust he probably thinks im the predator now even though he does lay on me and sleeps on me he's really scared if its just me and him he immediately tucks his little tail in between his legs. and gets shakes when i pet him or if i get close to his but he will scream or shake because i hate it so much and im really upset with myself. I admitted to her that i spanked him good for biting me she was kind of upset but told me i can if hes acting up. I really messed up i know i probably not regain his trust in a long time but I'm willing to try i just want him to know that i love him. He still comes to me and lays on me so is that a good sign? sorry for the extremly long post I feel like an abusier for the hitting ive done to him and im very upset with myself. I will not hit him again i watched him the past 3 days and i did not hit him and he hasnt tried biting me either when he goes under the bed so i hope thats a good sign? any advice.
jace2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!