View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 08:40 AM   #3
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Hi Gail. The article misrepresents the "Purdue study" on antibodies formed to collagen. The antibodies were raised against fibronectin, and specifically, the heparin-binding domain of fibronectin, not the collagen-binding domain. And the Purdue study didn't simply "end" at 22 weeks. The beagles were killed at 22 weeks, and the researchers performed necropsies on the dogs and didn't find any significant differences between the vaccinated and unvaccinated dogs as far as pathologies go. Of course, 22 weeks may have been too early to conclude the study. And it looks like there were only five dogs in each group, a very small population.

The Purdue study, which is not behind a paywall, can be found here:

Purdue Vaccination Study

Conclusion of the study: "In conclusion, we have demonstrated that vaccination of dogs using a routine protocol and commonly used vaccines, induces autoantibodies. The autoantibody response appears to be antigen driven, probably directed against bovine antigens that contaminate vaccines as a result of the cell culture process and/or as stabilizers. The pathogenic significance of these autoantibodies has not yet been determined."

That's the only study that this article cites in full. If I get time this week, I'll try to find some of the other studies that they mention, but don't give citations for.

I'm not saying that vaccination (or over-vaccination) doesn't lead to joint disorders. I just think that the information as presented in this article doesn't demonstrate that it does.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!