View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 10:22 AM   #1
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Default An important article

Linking Vaccines To Joint Disease In Dogs

As a pleasant surprise this article actually references studies. The link between vaccines and collagen degradation is concerning.

I will point out that in general what she says about the incident rate of HD is still high after 30 yrs or so of screening is accurate... go to offa and see some of the stats -

What I believe to be incorrect is the generalized statement as fact that at 8wks old HD even moderate to severe is not radiographically present in puppies is not supported by any wide reaching broad based studies. The PENNHIP method is a relative newcomer on the block which uses a different diagnostic methodology and purports to accurately assess as early as 2-3 months if this dog will develop HD. Maybe she is using the stats from PennHip - I don't know

What again is not fact or at least generally accepted is that nutritional deficiencies or insufficiencies and or environmental factors play a huge role. I know of one study a good one that suggests this (a European study) so of course in North America it does not get much attention.

That self same study made sense to me. Control rate of weight as the puppy develops - keep on level non slip surfaces until 4mths of age or so etc.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!