View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 08:32 AM   #11
cribal
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashasmom
It sounds like he has alot of energy he needs to burn off. You might want to try getting him out alone and taking him on a walk to wind him down some. Or you could spend time with just him playing to get rid of some of his energy. Then bring her out by then he should be a little tired and maybe not so apt to be so rowdy with her. I also would defenitely take both of them to some puppy classes that way they both can learn some commands. He needs to be taught to listen to what you say.
I wouldn't be so quick to get rid of him just yet, he's still a puppy and puppies are rowdy. He will mellow out as he gets older. I would also have all of their playtime supervised until you can trust that they will be nice to each other. Beleive it or not when she gets older 5 lbs or not she will put him in his place.
One more thing I would be careful as to not play favorites (i'm not saying you are) because it could lead him to be jealous of her and therefore cause him to not WANT to be nice to her.
Good luck. I know it's hard when you have two babies you love and they just won't behave lol...
I never thought about wearing him down with just me and not Lucy in the room. We jsut built a fence a couple weeks ago so they could go outside and play to burn off energy. But when I take them out there they just sniff around. I guess because it still new to them. Maybe I'll try taking him out and have my Lucy stay inside with my husband and then switch. Thanks for the advise...
Crystal (Also, they are always supervised.... I'm to worried about one of them getting hurt if were not around)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!