View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 01:45 PM   #4
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie6446 View Post
I am a believer in raw. Mine loved it like they were starving. Unfortunately, my Zoey developed pancreatatis and I have to feed her rx food now. My boy Maltese still gets raw. Vets aren't keen on feeding raw because of bacteria potential. You must be very sanitary when feeding raw. I would encourage trying it out.
There also is an issue with age of puppy and the amount of bacteria in their guts to digest/process a raw diet. I learned that trying to make weaning from momma to kibble easier....those babies LOVED Primal raw chicken and I was thrilled with how easily they jumped from momma into that bowl of raw chicken and puppy kibble!!! They were only 6 weeks old...and I almost killed then entire litter....they were not old enough to process the raw chicken when it hit their guts and they all got deathly ill from it, as they were overtaken by bacteria from the raw chicken! Nothing to do with sanitation, strictly too early for raw chicken!! I have not gone there since....I have no idea at what age they would have enough bacteria in their systems to safely process raw food....but boy, did they LOVE it!! I would just be sooooo careful and do alot of research on tolerance for raw food in puppies!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!