Thread: Blood drops.
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
MaWilliams3
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question Blood drops.

So last night I took Bruiser out for his evening mailbox sniff. We usually make a full block. Last night he wasn't interested in the mailboxes. We got to just outside my fence and he stopped. Kinda behind the tree, where all I could see was a tail sticking up or a leg hiked up. He spent a while in that spot, instead of his usual 5 second hike. So I thought well maybe he's gotta poo. So I continued to wait. After a full two minutes, I figured he was constipated. He's very efficient at potty. I got closer, mind you were walking by moonlight, country road no street lights. And I noticed it wasn't a little tuff of tail sticking up but a leg instead. He's a very private little guy, doesn't like anyone watch him do his business. So I just called him, but he stayed with his leg up trying to pee. So I scooped him up and put a pad down near my bed.
When I got up this morning he wasn't in bed, my husband found him in my daughters room under her bed. So he brought him to me for my morning kisses, and we went for our walk again. He sniffed the water bowl and his food dish but wasn't interested. I had mentioned to my husband that I was concerned with a possible UTI. Since he was having a hard time emptying his bladder, but I was told I think too much. :-/
He didn't do anything on our walk. Wasn't interested in the mailboxes, just walked beside me. Stopped when I stopped but didn't sniff a thing. So mentally I'm in panic mode, but I do tend to over worry so I tried to put it off as an off day.
An hour or so later I'm getting ready for my day and my youngest daughter said she thinks he's bleeding, she showed me some potty spots on her carpet and duvet that were an odd color. Bruiser doesn't potty upstairs. His accidents are on the tile down in the kitchen but usually on the potty pad. So we put him in the xpen and I call the vet. They want a sample. So we turn the pad upside down plastic side up and walk away. I peak around the corner and he's on the pad trying to go, but all he got was about 4 drops and they are blood red. I call the vet back, and they have me bring him in. A laundry list if possibilities, but nothing concrete. It's been 4 hours since they were going to do an X-ray, and I called again- but still no info. I'm panicking.

♡☆Mandy☆♡ mum to Bruiser RIP Bijou
MaWilliams3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!