View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 08:02 AM   #5
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I was hoping there would be more replies for this thread. My yorkie has just recently started showing aggression towards other dogs. She loves humans but she is slowly becoming more and more agressive with other dogs. At first is was just barking at other dogs and then she would loose interest but lately barking has turn to outright rage at seeing other dogs. She has only really liked one dog....another yorkie named Loki (I think she is secretly inlove with him). Loki is my coworker's yorki and for some reason, this is the only dog who she get's along with. They can play for hours together.

At first it just started out as barking at them but now has progress to attacking. Any suggestions would be welcome. I am thinking about taking her to puppy class to see if we can get it under control. It's getting to the point where I can't take her to the dog park. Just seeing other dogs is beginning to drive her berserk. She has never been attacked by another dog (at least not since she has been with me). Not sure if she has ever been attacked while she was with her previous owners.

She is 3 yrs and half yrs old. I've only had her for 1 yr and as far as I can tell, her previous owner took very good care of her. She did not come from an abusive environment nor was she used for breeding and was the only pet in the household as she is now.

Last edited by yavenay; 06-10-2015 at 08:05 AM.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!