View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 05:29 AM   #646
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyK810 View Post
I tried dying the fabric of the umbrella and it didn't take. Perhaps because it is a water repellant fabric?

I then went on pinterest...and saw that many people had posted about their success with spray painting umbrellas, so off to the store I went and bought 8 cans of spray paint. I had washed and dried the fabric first. Spray paint made a dramatic difference right away. But it doesn't look great. I've had tons of experience spray painting, and this is by far my worst result. It looks mottled. It would look somewhat acceptable under a tree, as sunlight through leaves creates a mottled effect anyway. But just my itself in the bright full sun of my patio, it looks hideous..and it's even worse when the umbrella is up and being viewed from the underside.

My friend, that is an artist, wants to take the painted umbrella, and paint on it some flowers on it and then seal it. I painted it green, so she says it will be a good background for summer florals.

Today, I did what I should have just done yesterday. I ordered two new umbrella canopies.
Cool idea about painting the umbrella!

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!