View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 07:53 AM   #9
crystalsmom
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
I know how you feel and how you miss your deal little friend, Crystal. I lost my Jilly on Christmas Eve and it took years before I could ever fully enjoy that holiday quite the same again. These little Yorkies have such huge presence, almost always totally own the room they are in, are larger than life and completely rule the worlds of their owners and best buddies in every way. The relationship one can have with a dog is essentially as valuable, special and enriching as that of a human relationship. I'm so grateful for the years I had with Scotty and Jilly but still miss them mightily.

How horrible to have lost your Jilly on Christmas Eve and knowing you and the love you had for her, it must really put a tent in your holidays.

Would you mind if I ask if you can not physically manage to care for another little Yorkie or are you just hesitant to possibly have to leave one to go into a nursing home or something down the road? For what its worth, I've taken in many dogs who'd lost their former owners/homes and each and every one adapted to its new life here just fine. Dogs are practical little survivors given a chance and even the elder, ill or injured ones adapt to new homes.
My health is great for an 83 year old except eye-sight. I had high BP for a time but I went to the Cleveland Clinic and they were able to get in back to a normal range very quickly and it has stayed that way with medicine of course. I walk a couple miles every day and when it's too cold I try to walk inside but it's boring. My bones are fine and I can bend over etc. and pick up the weight of a Yorkie very easily. Any of that I am not concerned about. My son and daughter in law adopted a rescue and it worked out like a charm and that little dog appreciates it's new life and seems to say 'thank you' to them every day. I have thought of that but my problem is financial and I want to leave it at that, I'm not starving but the Vet expenses with a rescue might even be more than I can handle. My kids help me and it's not easy for them so it would not be very nice to add more expenses to my life when they are taking a big load of it off me.

Don't think I haven't though of every way but there are certain times in ones life when even a Yorkie has to be a second priority. I enjoy all of of the sweet ones here..

Last edited by crystalsmom; 06-07-2015 at 07:56 AM. Reason: change a word
crystalsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!