View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 04:00 AM   #1
MissSunni
YT Addict

Default New pup joined our family, not a Yorkie..still need help:)

Hi everyone,

Well, I was volunteering at a Pet Adoption yesterday...and well, now I have a little Chi in the family. She is 5 yrs old (approx) 5 #'s very sweet and terrified. She was abandoned in Philadelphia and rescue thinks she was out on the streets for a long time. She was pulled from a Kill shelter and has been in foster for over a year living with 7 other dogs all sizes. She's a little nipper, I found out and wont eat. But she loves to snuggle with me. Harry has taken to her right away and she seems to like him. Sunni, is not so welcoming. She's very jealous and barks at the new little one..Star (I'm so original) She wont let Star rest. I do put Star in the playpen so she feels safe, but she doesn't feel safe, she looks so stressed out in it. The last thing I like to do with a rescue is put them back into a cage, but for the times I actually cant keep my eyes on them, I just feel like its the safest for her. If its inappropriate to post this here, I apologize in advance. Truthfully though the one giving me the most trouble right now is Sunni. Star likes to snuggle into my lap, and that is driving Sunni nuts. If anyone else has any experience with rescuing an older dog, I'd welcome any tips on how to make it a smoother transition. Granted, it hasn't even been 24 hours yet...I was looking for another rescue but didn't expect to come home with her yesterday, lol. I brought her to my vet, who was open because they were having a microchip clinic...so shes chipped. Her shots were expired when I got her so she's up to date now. The vet said she appears to be very healthy, good teeth etc. Her nails were curling in they were so long, so they cut them. He said she should put on about 1 pound. She barely eats and you can see the bones in her spine and sides..its very sad to look at her. I cheated and gave her some french fries because she wouldn't eat anything else, lol. Something was better then nothing. I've never adopted an older dog before. I honestly can't give up on her..she's here to stay so I could use some advice on what I should do to help her trust me that she's finally home and safe.

Last edited by MissSunni; 06-07-2015 at 04:02 AM.
MissSunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!