View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 07:57 PM   #1
stephdianeb
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry Teacup Yorkie Fell Down Stairs!!

I was cleaning up my little one's mess that he made on the floor and while doing so he ran after something and fell down quite a few hardwood stairs. All I heard was a thud and when I looked down he was falling off the last step onto the floor at the bottom and I was absolutely hysterical. Chewie's only about 3 pounds and the poor baby is only 10 weeks old. When he fell he seemed a little dazed as he whimpered a tiny bit and I was able to pick him up to check him. I looked for any tender spots and he didn't seem to feel any pain in his legs or abdominal area; however, I did notice a foul smell coming from his behind. It seems like he secreted anal gland fluid from being so scared (I think I'm not sure). I also noticed a little bit of swelling in his groin area. I let him walk around, gave him some food, etc. and he ate/drank perfectly fine. He played with his toy and was walking around like nothing. He did seem a bit slow as opposed to usually running after his toys, he sort of trotted after them this time. He's currently sleeping and he doesn't seem to be in any pain. My main concern is what seems to be swelling and other internal injuries. The swelling looks like inguinal hernia, but I don't think it is. It just seems like that kind of swelling in that area. Either way I'm calling out vet first thing in the morning as I have no ER veterinaries anywhere near my area ):

Has anyone experienced anything of this sort? I am a nervous wreck.
stephdianeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!