View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 11:51 AM   #7
docmartin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I would consult a vet nutritionist to help with her meals....I am concerned about her diet and limited calories. If she is skinny, along with an indication she is ravenous when she eats, I think she is perhaps not getting enough to eat. Quantity as well as quality of nutrition is so important for a healthy, well balanced pup.......I may be all wrong, but I have yorkies of all sizes, and my little "pets" do not grow bigger if they get larger portions, they just put on weight......so my four pounders will eat as much as they want, until they walk away from the dish, and they are always 4 - 4.5 lbs. So feeding her until she is not hungry wont cause her to "grow" into a 8 lb dog in size.....she may get fat and would need calorie control, but she will always be a little 4 pounder (essentially)....am I making sense??......I HATE to see anything or anyone hungry! Feed this baby!!!
Thank you, solid sense. We've been feeding her and she certainly seems better. Probably a more restful lifestyle is beneficial too it seems?
docmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!