View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 07:32 AM   #3
docmartin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
It sounds like the new one is not getting enough calories. At 14 months, she is still young and might have a higher caloric requirement. It's very difficult to create a home cooked meal that is fully balanced without the help of a veterinary nutritionist. Have you consulted one? I'm glad that you're getting her in to see the vet. The only advice I can give is to seek the help of professionals to help figure out what is wrong.
Thanks, a very good point I feel. I hope the additions I put in their food will help Holly, I give her/them a 'Digestion' additive in the morning and a 'Joints Supplement' with 'Glucosamine' in the evening, a small spot each time, but every day regularly. Crystal has a full head of beautiful teeth and a shiny coat and is very robust all round, she's been on these for nearly two years now. Holly's coat is not as lissome as her new sister's, but I'm not shampooing her until next week, when she visits the trimmer's Tuesday. I think it's just a bit greasy at present and we're having it shorter too for the summer months. Perhaps living in a home with 6 other dogs, didn't allow her to get the individual attention to diet etc she will with us. She's certainly very happy and becoming increasingly active by the hour!

Joints Supplement - Pets Kitchen

Vet's Kitchen Healthy Digestion Supplement - Pets Kitchen

Last edited by docmartin; 06-04-2015 at 07:34 AM.
docmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!