View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
LindaLS
Yorkie Yakker

Default When is it time to say goodbye?

Hi Everyone,

Well it's me again. I feel the cloud of death is following me lately. My mother in law died a few weeks ago as many of you know. Yesterday morning my niece (60 yr old) passed away.

This week I took my Hanna in for a check up and sure enough her heart murmur has advanced to stage three. She has lost more weight and each time I pick her up I feel the bones poking out, although she is eating. Seems she likes can food better so today I am gonna just let her have that.

But I have been reading on congestive heart failure and of course I am not happy with what I read. Yes there are meds out there she can help some symptoms.

Such as meds for removing fluid. Well her last visit show a very low thyroid count. I have been noticing her drinking more water than she had ever in the last six months. I though diabetes, but the vet said no. Well this last visit showed the thryroid problem. So she is on medicine for that twice a day.

The last couple of days I have noticed a cough has just begun. So that is what got me to reading and seeing what is happening and what can be done. All of a sudden it dawned on me, wait a minute. If she is thirsty all the time and needs thyroid medicine, when the time comes for her to be on a diuretic wouldn't that be counter productive?

But if I don't give that to her, she will be suffering and trying to breath and such. Right now she is just starting with the cough and I want to make this decision before I am caught up and very emotional.

So how and when did you decide enough was enough? That is really my question.

I do know I will not see her suffer because I want to keep her near, I love her dearly but can't do that. Lately I have been seeing way to much suffering.
LindaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!