View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 06:48 AM   #2
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allybuddy View Post
My yorkie has yellow liquid, crusty stuff and a little bit of bleeding (from scratching) in both of her ears. Her ears are also red and a little swollen. I called the vet this morning and he recommended I get a ear cleanser to clean it out. I also have an apt scheduled for Saturday. I'm wondering if anyone has had this happen to their yorkie before and what type of product you used to clean her ear out?

Everything at Petsmart has chemicals in it and I am hesitant to use them because she has open wounds. There are different things online which suggest olive oil, witch hazel, etc but I'm also hesitant on using this. Any suggestions????

Thanks!
When my Bella had scratchy ears, it turned out to be a yeast infection, and the vet prescribed antifungal drops. Only a vet can diagnose the type of infection, though (since it could be bacterial, or something else entirely), and prescribe the correct treatment. if your dog is suffering, you might want to take her to an emergency vet or another vet who can see her right away, diagnose the problem, and prescribe the correct medicine. AFTER the infection was cleared up, our vet recommended an enzymatic ear cleaner--we use Zymox--but be sure to get the infection cleared up first. This is the ear cleaner we use: http://www.chewy.com/cat/zymox-ear-c...-cats/dp/54788

Last edited by pstinard; 06-01-2015 at 06:51 AM.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!