View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 10:18 PM   #18
Mee-sha
YT Addict

i have 2 from the same parents, different litter, milo the boy is 2 and meesha the girl is 4. They both have complete opposite personalities!!!. the girl is high strung, barks alot, gets anxiety about people, high energy, saucy, shes a little picky princess, but i love her to death. milo the boy, he is so calm, never barks, loves meeting people and other dogs,interdependent, sweet little boy. they balance each other out though. he idolizes her and follows her around everywhere she goes, shes the boss. when she wants attention she'll take his favorite toy, and he'll just cry about it, will never take anything from her or fight with her. the first month was very difficult, i regret not having my first yorkie trained more before getting him, because he did pick up a few of her bad habits,its harder to train with 2, i have to separate them to train them anything. I also didn't realize how much more it would cost in vet bills esp if one gets diagnosed with an illness suddenly, the girl has collapsed trachea which was diagnosed 5 months after getting him, so be prepared and have some money saved. I kept them separated the 1st week and had few hours where i would watch them socialize together, my 1st yorkie was jealous and a bit aggressive at 1st, so i followed advice from yorkietalk and made sure to watch them until i trusted them together and i also did everything for her first, she gets her food first, kissed and picked up first,gets her bone first etc, i kept her routine as best i could and after about a month they were bonded and have never left eachothers side since. i couldnt imagine life without 2 now, they love eachother so much. so that was my experience, but i think it all comes down to the dogs individual personality, so your not gaurenteed the same mannerism just because they're blood related, its a 50/50 chance.
Mee-sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!