View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 08:06 AM   #1
rchlst
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Sister Yorkies Peeing on the floor ALL THE TIME!

I have two grown yorkies (7 years old) and they're sisters from the same litter. I love them but am not sure that I can care for them in the way they need and that it's probably the reason they pee on everything! I want to keep them because I love them and my kids love them too but I just can't stand to have puddles of pee (and even poop!) all over the house anymore.

Because my husband and I work very long hours and have little kids, we have tried to pad train them. We leave a few pee pads for them during the day and on good days, they use the pads. But, more often then not, they either ignore the pads all together or only pee on a tiny corner of the pad, and then pee everywhere else instead (and even poop everywhere else!).

I'm sure some of it is that they're mad at us for not being home more or mad that we confine them to the kitchen when we're not with them but we don't really have another choice. Taking them to walk outside just isn't an option with our schedules and commitments.

I'm thinking that we can't give them a good home anymore and that they need someone with more time but before I give up, i want to try one last time to get this to work. Any suggestions on how to get them to stop peeing and pooping everywhere?

They are VERY picky and won't pee twice on the same pad and sometimes just ignore the pad even if it's clean. Even when it comes to treats they are picky and they will only eat certain treats or food and will turn up their nose at others.

Thanks for any help you can give me! I'm really hoping we can keep them - my little boys adore them!
rchlst is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!