View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 06:49 AM   #20
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skicoopsphoebe View Post
To all you who posted your results here about the skin and itching problems Thanks. We have been scratching our heads trying to figure out what was going on with our Phoebe. Our old girl Tekki is very low maintenance which we are used to. Our little girl Biewer is much more high maintenance. The Probiotics and coconut oil could be the answer we are looking for. Again thanks
What problems are you seeing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opium88 View Post
Marty I feed them Royal Canine Yorkshire type. Maybe I should switch to puppy for Toby. He's 10 months now though. I've been putting the coconut oil in their food, and when he's having a bad spell I rub it into him. I don't use but warmish water when I bathe, an dive taken to bathing every five days or so because Toby's little face gets crunchy and stiff if not. Should I use a rinse instead of conditioner? What's the difference? I'm gonna order some specialty shampoo after I get done writing this. Oh and his skin isn't flaky or anything either. Also even though I blow dry them on a soft warm heat at most I suppose I'll let him air dry from now on. He's gotten slightly better since the coconut but still is pretty itchy still. Poor Toberface
Just something to consider since you're having itch problems...Royal Canin has quite a bit of corn in it - and this ingredient can make dogs quite itchy if they're intolerant to it. You may want to consider switching to a grain free food to see if the itching changes at all. Food allergies are rare, but it's an easy soemthing you could try nonetheless.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!