View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 06:50 AM   #9
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAnah View Post
My Yorkie was just diagnosed with COPD and an enlarged heart, also a little water in her lungs. I always fed her Blue kibble for seniors (she's 11) the vet recommended h/p low sodium prescription dog food. She has been drinking very little water ( if any) and she barely ate the dog food. I know it's not right to keep changing their food but I don't want her last years to be miserable. I started her on Core today, all natural. I'm hoping it works! Just not sure why she's not drinking her water? I change it each day..any suggestions?
Thank you, (I'm new)
She may not have taken to the food because she does not feel well. If she is short of breath, that can happen.
Did you speak with your vet about the prescription food? Perhaps he/she can suggest another one. I understand you don't want her unhappy...in fact I totally get it, but you must be careful with the food choices. I don't know anything about the food you have chosen, but I can tell you that if a vet suggested an RX food, that is what I would give OR I would home cook under the direction of a vet nutritionist.
As for the water....is she eating canned food? Sometimes they drink less when on canned food.
Best wishes with your pup.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!