Thread: Labor
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 06:26 AM   #4
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Is your breeder around to mentor you? You really need to be asking them all these questions. Hopefully they are experienced in whelping and will be able to help you. Breeding a female under 5 lbs can be risky. Do you have a vet on call in case she runs into problems? Do you know how many pups she is going to have?

Does your breeder have more than one male? You said your breeder wanted you to breed her back to him, do you mean her sire or a different male? Personally I think it is irresponsible for the breeder to just let the male and female together unsupervised. It could of been dangerous for both male and female. Do you know what day of her heat cycle she was on when they were seen tied?

Also it seems like you are paying a big price for your female considering you are taking all the risks and giving up two pups. Do you have a contract with the sire owner? What if your girl only has two pups, what then. Hopefully everything will work out for you. Please keep us posted on how things go.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!