View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 08:27 AM   #9
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Just want to say, she's only 9 weeks old and peeing every 5 minutes is really normal. As far as marking goes, they don't start marking until the hormones kick in around 8 months or older, and if she a single dog she may never mark, it's more common in boys. The YTCA recommends leaving a pup with the mother till 12 weeks and so many people do even start training till then. A good mother pup would push her over to the pee pad when she smelled urine in her bladder and she starts the training process. We keep Joey in a play pen during the day when my eyes couldn't be glued on him and at night we put him in a crate that was small enough for him not to pee to want to pee in. We took him out every couple of hours to put him on a pee pad and then put him back in his crate. They can hold their urine longer at night because the body doesn't make as much urine during the night, but they still can't hold it over a couple of hours. I think it's great you are not punishing for mistakes and rewarding success, all of the experts seem to agree on this, but I think you should only put her on the carpet when there is a pee pad close by and I wouldn't even start crating her for another month. She still too young, you're just training yourself.

Join today and remove this ad!