View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 04:51 AM   #41
docmartin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Parti is a french definition for the basic scheme or concept of an architectural design. Parti coated Yorkies are recognised by the AKC and KC of the UK, whereas Biewers are not.

Mr Biewer started his tri-colour coated dogs back in Germany in 1975, whereas 'Parti's have been around for over 120 years and generally reflect a clash in the MITF gene, (Chromosone 20). Eventually when all the politics and egocentric schematics of our Kennel Clubs are overcome I'm sure 'Biewers' will be recognized! Cogito ergo sum.

Probably the 'European Union' will tell us we have to recognise the breed over here - Jawohl, (just as it tells us what to do over everything else these days)!

I know someone with a Biewer and the dog has a typical Yorkie temperament and is very handsome too. I'm viewing a 'Parti' myself over the holiday weekend here. She's a year old, weighs 4lbs and has a beautiful sable/ash/tan/white coat. As I want her as a friend for Crystal (my yorkie) and a family member I'm principally interested in her nature and health. Her smaller size will also aid me for ease of handling.
docmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!