View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #12
Disasterous
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeD View Post
I almost always take in an adult dog. They are trained, at least some. They are really less work than a puppy too.

At 2 years old, I would take the Morkie myself.

I know I just got 2 puppies, but that was a chance of a lifetime for me to get them. I am having a blast, but holy smokes are they a lot of work!

This is quiet time around here. They are up at 6am and playing so by 8 they are ready for a nap so this is MY time. LOL they keep me very busy.

I know you said the dog is 2 and that is a good age, but I just took in a 9 year old Yorkie in January and oh do I love that dog! I am so glad I took him home with me because he is the best dog that has ever happened to me!

Now to train the puppies.

I would really consider the Morkie though. He probably has shots, you said he was crate trained and house broken I believe. If you don't take him where will he end up? The breeder will find a home for the puppy I am sure.

Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures of whichever one you get... or just be like me and get both! LOL
I love puppies and I absolutely love training them and watching them prosper, but you're correct when you say that they are a lot of work. I remember when my Cooper was a puppy; I had to chase him around the house because he decided my TV remote was the perfect snack right before bedtime. I suppose it was my fault for dropping it.

Adults are definitely easier, and easier to train sometimes. More calm with better attention spans.

I can't take both, but I really want to! They're both cuter than I would've ever expected, but with two dogs already, I can't have four financially.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!