View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
Disasterous
Yorkie Yakker

Embarassed Yorkie Puppy or Morkie Adult?

I apologize for posting as much as I am, but I have a question. (Again..)

As you may know, my dog passed away recently, and because I was so prepared, I feel ready to bring a new pup into the family. (Please don't judge me based on my way of coping; I want to save a life that I couldn't save when Socks passed.)

I have two options-- I can buy a purebred Yorkie from a breeder, (I believe I told you about this.) or I can rescue a two year old Maltese/Yorkie from a person my mom knows. I told the breeder that, yes, I would get the puppy, but I haven't paid the deposit yet.

I'm leaning towards the Morkie because all I would have to do is leash train him. He's housetrained and crate trained. (The hard part is done, basically.) With a puppy, who would be more fragile and I would have to spend more time with him, (I don't mind that, I just don't know if I can properly take care of a pup right now.) I would have to train and socialize it more than an adult.

So what would you do? Give me reasons as to why you would do it; knock some sense into me! Thank you! (Yes, I realize that 90% of my activity is at odd hours of the night.. Woops.)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!