View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 07:10 AM   #14
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620girl View Post
I know that animals can regress on housebreaking I hope this isnt the case, my main assumption on the marking is that I came home from a 4 hour work shift last week and when I got home there were puddles around three of the four of the legs of my coffee table. Why he left the 4th one out I dont know? lol Then a day or two later I have seen puddles in the same spots of one of the legs.
My Teddy is housetrained 100% and marks which is different to not being housebroken. Marking can be caused by numerous things like stress in the environment, domination display, normal canine behavior which has not been corrected in the human home, etc....

What we see as unacceptable is just a very normal thing for dogs re: territory etc... This is why neutering may not correct the problem. The behavior is thought to be only partially attributable to hormones. The rest is behavioral and environmental. Therefore, your best chance at correction is catching Mr in the act and clapping loudly and saying NO or tethering to ensure he's not doing it unnoticed and, therefore, uncorrected.

I love my boy but he is a marking fool!
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!