View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 07:06 AM   #13
620girl
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
My six year old intact male does not mark in the house. Although when he was young and or I have a female in season - then he will try to mark - and so I supervise closely, either a crate for him or belly bands when a female is in season. He is outdoor trained.

Marking and neutering there is no strong scientific evidence that shows marking is corrected by neutering. And I have to say puddles around chair legs means he is either urinating and or marking indoors. So it looks like your housebreaking is not so successful so far. Also you really need to clean the area thoroughly and with an enzymatic cleanser to oblivate the scent of urine or marking.

By now it is probable his growth plates have closed - so that should not be a huge concern for neutering now.
I know that animals can regress on housebreaking I hope this isnt the case, my main assumption on the marking is that I came home from a 4 hour work shift last week and when I got home there were puddles around three of the four of the legs of my coffee table. Why he left the 4th one out I dont know? lol Then a day or two later I have seen puddles in the same spots of one of the legs.
620girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!