View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 05:42 AM   #3
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

It is pretty normal to have set backs. With another dog there she is just too distracted. Teek left me a nice pile on the floor this morning right after being outside for 30 minutes that I think was him letting me know he isn't happy about the puppies being here. He then promptly came up on the couch to lay with me, something he would not do at all yesterday.

I am just being patient with him and thinking he will adjust in a week or two. I didn't even say a word to him about him pooping on the floor. Usually I would look at him and go "really? We were just outside and you pooped on the floor?" Not even that this time.

It will get better. I need to get some washable pee pads. Do they go on them as well as the disposable? I have a huge washable one that I keep in the bottom of Gatlin's crate but it is more just in case of an accident as he used to have them. I then cover it with a sheet and a comforter for his bedding, but I don't actually use it as a pee pad, just as an emergency way to absorb if he does have an accident, which he hasn't had in nearly a year.

Good luck and hopefully things will get better when Bear goes home.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!