View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 04:53 AM   #1
MissSunni
YT Addict

Default Lost ground on potty training:(

Hi everyone,

Well, Sunni was doing excellent with Potty training. She uses pads inside, but prefers going outside. We had gotten to the point that there were no accidents (that I could find). She had to be spayed early, and afterwards ended up getting a UTI, but even then she made a valiant effort to get to a pad, but missed more then she made it. To make matters worse, I'm watching my daughters English Bulldog who is 100% trained...so, its not his fault, and my Harry is 100% trained. Since the UTI then having Bear here, it seems like Sunni has forgotten all about the pads! She always goes outside, but after running around with Bear (quite a sight for sure) She will piddle where ever she is. I guess I need to go back to the very beginning basic potty training but, I cant tell you how difficult it is with Bear here. If I put her in the crate..he just paws and paws at it, getting her all hyped up, he starts moaning, she starts yapping. Its maddening. I tried putting her in her soft pen, but hes so big he just collapses it by laying on the outside!! I have been bringing her outside like I did when she was brand new...every hour or so..but they get going, running around the house chasing each other and she stops where she is and piddles, then starts playing again. Hes a sweet dog, but frankly he's too big for me to handle, lol. When Bear gets stubborn he just puts all of his weight into staying where he is and not budging! Only 5 more days!! I bought 10 Washable pads, lol..and they are now literally starting to look like throw rugs. They are everywhere, but at least Sunni doesn't chew them up. She does still use them sometimes..I'm sure its not the UTI, she finished all the medicine, and its normal pee. She never poops inside, thats something. On anorher note, Sunni is definitely the instigator getting Bear to play and run around..he's loving it, but me? not so much! lol
MissSunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!