View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 07:02 PM   #10
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I usually use "Uh Oh" to mark an accident during training periods and "no" after the dog has learned the command and I'm convinced he knows what to do every time but is going against the rules or behavior he's been taught. For some reason I just impart more vexation or irritability in the way I say the word "No", even when I'm trying not to, so using that word during training, especially potty training, can sometimes intimidate a little guy still in the learning phase, when I want him to be totally open to the positive learning aspects of the training.

Then once the dog gets it right and actually potties outside, I mark each success with an instant "Yesssss!!!", treat, smiles and praises and even the occasional happy dance! After a couple of weeks, the dog definitely knows which reaction he prefers and begins to try to figure out how to work to get the positive rewards only.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!