View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 02:38 PM   #9
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSunni View Post
Geez, I'm sorry you were hurt. It was pretty rude of the owner not to ask if everything was ok. I know if that happened to me I would at least go to her house and let her know exactly what happened and why. First of all the dogs shouldn't have been unleashed outside alone...Thats problem # 1, if she was outside with them, she didnt have them under her control, thats problem # 2..and the dog injured you. As cute and lovable as Yorkies are, they still dont get a pass on biting people. Your point is very well taken, you could have had a child with you who's skin is much more delicate and there could have be a more serious situation then what occured. If you incur medical bills it really shouldn't be on you to pay them. She's not a responisble owner in my opinion. If my dog/s even scratched someone, I would take immediate responsibility. She may not even be aware that she has a biter in her group. You could be preventing a much more serious event in the future.

There is a way to approach her in a non aggressive way, but if she doesn't respond the same way, I think I would send her the bill and see what happens. I've watched a lot of Judge Judy apparantly, lol.
Sorry you were bitten.

I agree to approach the owner in a gentle manner, like Fiona (MissSunni) suggested if the woman does not respond in the same manner I would send her the bill. Better yet, take the bill with you, make a copy, give that to her, then go forward from there, report the bite if she denies it was not her dog, sue in small claims court for Dr. cost.... I too am a BIG Judge Judy fan.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!