View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 09:04 AM   #13
TimelessYorkies
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
You can start here Breeder Education - American Kennel Club

Also most specialties arrange for a speaker / workshop as part of the specialty

Now to the politics of a breed club. I am so sorry you experienced such frictions and very unpleasant atmosphere. You have done many of the things that I would and have done.
It is difficult to know ahead of time who is whom and which breeder may be a club outlier. And then when we get involved for example with standard changes - passions run very high. Factions form.

We recently went through some unpleasantness with our breed club a year ago - and in fact 2/3 of the board resigned over these difficulties. The healing is going to take time!

And I can tell you it is not always like that - but again many clubs which after all - are all run with volunteers there are almost at some point in time hot times.
Thank you! It's good to know and somewhat reassuring that it won't/shouldn't be like that all the time. Hopefully it was only a phase that lasted quite a while. I really don't like confrontations, even if I'm not directly involved, it's just too unpleasant for me...and that is why I like dogs so much better than many humans
TimelessYorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!