View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 05:24 PM   #15
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
Bricks flying overhead! Ouch! Actually, Bella's Wellness Core Grain Free Small Breed is rated five stars, and I still have problems with the DFA website. Blue Buffalo, which rates from 4 to 5 stars depending on the product, has SERIOUS quality control issues--I got a bag with no Life Source bits, and woe to the people who got bags containing nothing BUT Life Source bits. So besides ingredients, one must also consider quality control. And DFA nitpicks over ingredients that are so far down on the list of ingredients that they are insignificant (tomato pomace, for example). I'd rate Dog Food Advisor three stars, LOL! He's not a veterinary nutritionist, but he's not sending dogs to a certain death, either. He's just another source of information to consider.
I'm sorry, if that comes off as disrespectful, but I do really believe it. People can't stand to be told that the dog food they've chosen isn't the best food ever. I agree with you on BB, but the author of the site, does say:

Quote:
The descriptions and analyses expressed in this and every article on this website represent the views and opinions of the author.

The Dog Food Advisor does not test dog food products.

We rely almost entirely on the integrity of the information posted by each company on its website. As such, the accuracy of every review is directly dependent upon the quality of the test results from any specific batch of food a company chooses to publish.

Although it's our goal to ensure all the information on this website is correct, we cannot guarantee its completeness or its accuracy; nor can we commit to ensuring all the material is kept up-to-date on a daily basis.

Each review is offered in good faith and has been designed to help you make a more informed decision when buying dog food.

However, due to the biological uniqueness of every animal, none of our ratings are intended to suggest feeding a particular product will result in a specific dietary response or health benefit for your pet.

For a better understanding of how we analyze each product, please read our article, "The Problem with Dog Food Reviews".

Remember, no dog food can possibly be appropriate for every life stage, lifestyle or health condition. So, choose wisely. And when in doubt, consult a qualified veterinary professional for help.

In closing, we do not accept money, gifts or samples from pet food companies in exchange for special consideration in the preparation of our reviews or ratings.

I'm not saying you should take every word as gospel, I actually like the Dog Project website better for teaching, but it's informative and useful and shouldn't be discounted just because the author is a dentist.

Join today and remove this ad!