View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 03:16 PM   #8
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
My biggest issue is the rating of the food and that there are many people who think it is gospel. You can't just rate a food by its ingredients there is so much more. There are people who say might see a diamond food with 5 stars even though they have had some serious issues. There are ingredients that may look great to us and be great for us as humans but not so good for our dogs and may effect them differently. Its important to remember dogs and humans systems are different.
Actually, if you read the site carefully, he explains it's limitations rather well, and I believe that the reason so many people hate the site is that their favorite dog food was rated poorly. I agree with you, though, I wouldn't take the rating system as gospel either, but it's does offer one person's opinion of the quality of food. Read other independent sites, and you'll see many seem to be saying the same thing. I studied variations in diets among different organism and truthfully, it was impossible to "prove" a healthy diet was any better than an average diet. A diet had to be woefully inadequate to really "show proof" that it was poor. In this day and age, nobody wants to really experiment on animals either, and that would mean actually killing them and doing autopsies to study the organs. You are correct again in saying that dogs and human systems are different and that's exactly why the dentist seems to be more in favor of the diets that contain less grains. I think of it like Consumer reports, just a little more information about a product, I'm thinking about buying.

Join today and remove this ad!